Whisper Creek Cake
This delicious confection is the creation of Corinne Beckwith of Franklin, Tennessee, who won the 2017 statewide Pick Tennessee #BAKE HISTORY contest. Put this on your table and everyone wins!
- 2 cups self-rising flour (Old Mill)
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, room temp and softened (Hatcher Family Dairy)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil (Wesson)
- 1/2 cup whole cream (Hatcher Family Dairy)
- 4 large eggs (Willow Farms)
- 1/2 cup cream liqueur: Mocha, Whisper Creek TN Spring Cream (SpeakEasy Spirits)
- 2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract: Madagascar Bourbon (Simplify)
- 1 ( 2.75 OZ ) Chocolate bar-Mexican Style, processed in food processor until coarsely ground (Olive and Sinclair Chocolate Company)
- 8 tablespoons
- (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, (Hatcher Family Dairy)
- 1/4 cup water
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cream liqueur-Mocha, Whisper Creek TN Spring Cream (SpeakEasy Spirits)
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract-madagascar bourbon
- 3 cup whole cream (Hatcher Family Dairy)
- 9 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract: Madagascar Bourbon (Simplify)
Frosting Instructions: Combine all ingredients, then beat on medium speed until the cream holds soft-firm peaks.
Also needed: Wesson Oil cooking spray and 1/3 cup of the flour to coat the bundt pan to prepare it for baking.